Blog Archive

Monday 25 December 2017

2017 has been tough for Nigerians, Buhari admits

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday admitted that the year 2017 has been a very tough one for Nigerians and is hopeful that next year will be much better. Speaking while receiving residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) led by the Minister, Mohammed Bello, on a Christmas homage to him at the presidential villa, Abuja, he said it had also been a tormenting one for him personally due to his severe illness. “It has been a tough year for Nigeria and I hope next year will be a much more prosperous one,” he said. He expressed delight at the level of rainfall this year and the fact that many people had gone back to farming and had not regretted doing so. On his sickness, he reiterated that he had not been so sick in his life, saying that he felt much better since he returned from his treatment and was now obeying the orders of his doctors. He said: “It has been a tormenting year. I am thinking I am 75. I thought I was 74 but I was told I was 75. “I have never been so sick. Even the 30 months civil war, I was stumbling under farm of yams or cassava but this sickness, I don’t know, but I came out better because all those who saw me before and when I came back said I look much better. “But I have explained it to the public that as a General, I used to give orders. Now, I take orders. The doctors told me to feed my stomach and sleep for longer hours that is why I am looking much better.” He thanked the community for finding time to pay him the visit and particularly the religious leaders in the territory who he said had been controlling their followers. In his remark, the FCT Minister thanked the president for his support for the federal capital. He also thanked the security agencies whose efforts he observed had led to peace and tranquility in the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My credentials still with military, Buhari tells INEC

Over 70 out of the 91 political parties are presenting presidential candidates that will participate in the 2019 Presidential elections...